Friday, October 16, 2009

When the Going Gets Tough... the Tough Stay Inside

What to do when it's cold and wet? Move it indoors! Though I did do the long run out on the Sligo Trail on Wednesday morning, I moved inside last night for a weightlifting session and then an hour on the stationary bike. This morning continues to be cold and wet, but I'm going to get in the outdoor pool at the YMCA. It's heated!

I want to go on record and clearly state that I am never going to do a late season race again... as long as my training has to take place in this type of climate. 42 degrees and raining doesn't make for an enjoyable bike ride. This weekend's forecast does not bode well and in about 24 hours, I'll have a decision to make... riding 80 miles outdoors or doing something else indoors.

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment