Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Looking Good Billy Ray... Feeling Good Louis


Outside Poolesville Chevron

Willie and I knocked out the Poolesville ride on Sunday. Davis joined us out to the T. It was a beautiful autumn Sunday. Drenched in sunshine, the day started a little chillier than I thought it would be. By the time we go to Georgetown, I took off my booties but kept the arm warmers and beanie on until about 50 miles into the ride. When we were out by the reservoir in Georgetown, we saw Marine Corps Marathon runners coming through. I wish I had taken a picture.


Tree line at Bretton Woods

I did take a couple of shots out by Bretton Woods. iPhone camera doesn't do the foiliage justice.


I took this shot while waiting for Willie and Davis

Willie took a right turn on Seneca instead of heading out to Poolesville. That took about an extra half hour as I rode up and down River Road looking for him. Davis turned back at the T, so I had waited up for him to see what he was going to do.

The new bike fit feels pretty good. In fact, I saw Jody from Conte's on the way out and commented on the fit and how much I liked my new bike shoes. I feel really strong and am glad that I made the change.


TJ, ready to roll

There was head wind on the way out, but tail wind on the way back. We definitely were cruising on Democracy Blvd and through Rock Creek Park on Beach Drive on the way back. Though the pace for the day was about 16 mph, it felt good to get in over 5 hours of saddle time.

I feel ready. Now, the trick is to avoid getting a cold or freak injury leading up to race day.


Willie in his race day regalia

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment