Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gates Pass, Arizona

Chad and I rode over Gates Pass in Arizona today. Well, Coach Troy rode it... we just watched on DVD and rode on our trainers. It looks pretty on DVD... I look forward to getting out there next month. No hills like Gates Pass on the IMAZ bike course... but we will ride through similar scenery.


View Larger Map
Tough ride over Gates Pass today

We had to take it indoors today because it was 41 degrees and raining at 8 am. Notice a theme here lately? This Nor'easter is totally crimping the training plan. There is at least another 36 hours of this type of weather before it warms up and drys up in time for the work week.


Great day for a bike ride... rolling eyes

I setup shop down at Chez Louiee and we broke out the Coach Troy DVD. We wound up riding for 90 minutes. Chad claims that this is the same as riding outdoors on the road for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I don't know how or why it gets calculated that way but I'll roll with it. It was definitely challenging and my legs do feel it as I'm shuffling around the house this afternoon.


An object at rest will stay at rest unless an unbalanced force acts on it

In a way, I guess this isn't so bad... I can count this as a EZ training week. I've done something every day this week, though I only ran on Wednesday. You've got to figure that others doing late season Ironman's out there in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions are going through the same thing. It snowed this week up in Connecticut and my friend Susanne who is training for IM Cozumel did a 5 hour training ride on her trainer. Honestly, I don't think I could take much more than the 90 minutes we rode today. It just isn't the same as being out on the road.


The unbalanced force

KDOG went for a run while we rode. I think she did 9 miles or so... and came back cold and wet. By the way, did you know she did a 1:47 1/2 Marathon last week... without much preparation? She's a hell of an athlete and I have a lot of respect for her game. After we disembarked from the trainers, we then ate and had some coffee from Sidamo. Good times. Reminded me of the old days... except for the riding inside part.


Misery loves company. Thanks Chad! Seriously...

Chad let me borrow his trainer. Well, he forced it on me and urged me to use it. I don't know if I'll figure out how to set it up but it can't be that hard. Perhaps with a little 80s Metal mix on the iPod Shuffle... we can make this work. Tomorrow... brick workout... weather report... take a guess.


Boo frickety hoo

I wonder how Willie made out today.

-- TJ

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to you for sticking w/ your workouts for the week and for doing a Nov IM. Arizona in April was enough for me. I prefer my tri season to be done w/ by Sept and only running after that.

    ReplyDelete