Sunday, October 11, 2009

Overtrained?

The best thing that can be said about today's brick workout is that I did actually did it. And that I spent some QT with Chad. But, after trying like heck to make it to Georgetown on time and trying to keep up with Chad out to Mountain Gate, I was definitely done. My quads and hamstrings were screaming at me. I then did the the run when I got home and the first ten minutes were a trial in endurance. I did think about stopping and just going home. Thankfully, I didn't.

So, I only got in 40 miles on the ride and then my usual 3.5 mile brick run. I actually did it a minute faster than I did last week, so go figure. It was chilly this morning, too. Was going to leave at 7:30 but waited until 8 so the sun could peek over the tree line. Unfortunately, there will be more colder weather training over the next month.

Ironman Arizona is six weeks from today. Ironman Hawaii was yesterday. I watched some of it online and understand the Craig Alexander won the race. A guy from the DC Tri Club, Matias, finished in 9:49. Awesome..

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment