Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Willie Update

I heard from Willie. He's been away on business on several occasions but has been training. He reported that he hasn't been swimming much but has run and biked. He ran along the Bay in Burlingame.... loves the California air. Tell me about it! He'll be doing the Chesapeakeman Aqua Velo this weekend and then the Sea Gull Century in early October. Keep it up, Willie!

I lifted weights on Monday, swam for a half hour at lunch yesterday and got in a 18 mile run this morning. It was humid out. I woke up at 3:50 am and got to running about 5:10 am. Sunrise is at 6:40ish so most of the run was done in the dark. I brought a light with me today.

Next week, long run will be back down to 10 miles and then I'll pyramid up again week after week to 18... (10, 12, 14, 16 and then 18). Then, I'll bring it back down for the taper and should be primed for Ironman Arizona.

By the way, the race is two months from yesterday... so we're really starting to reel in the days. It'll be here before we know it!

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment