Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Training - Sugarloaf & Bay Country


Potomac Overlook, Sugarloaf Mountain... again

Separately, Willie and I knocked out 100 mile rides yesterday. I rode out to Sugarloaf Mountain... the second Saturday in a row. I think that is a first for me. I rode down to Georgetown by myself, and joined a group that rode to Falls/River Road together. We had a slow start as there were two flats in the five miles out of Georgetown (Laurel and Chad).

From there, a group of eight headed out to Seneca. Then, five of us proceeded to Sugarloaf. I was the only one who knew the way (YIKES!) so they were following me. I rode strong and off the front for most of the ride until we got to the River/Seneca intersection on the way back... about mile 77 of the ride. Those dang hills on River Road killed me again and I was gassed by the time I got home. Chad will be happy to know that we cut over through Poolesville on Edwards Ferry and Partnership Road. So, managed to avoid the River Road extended trip from Mount Nebo. :-)

Willie did the Bay Country Century and he did report to me via email that it was a good one. Perhaps we'll hear some more detail now that he's on vacation and may have time to write.

A breakdown of my workouts this weekend so far are as follows:
Friday: 42 minute tempo run with Seth. 35 minute swim at Franklin Knolls Pool.
Saturday: 100 mile ride to Sugarloaf.

I was toasted last night and fell asleep on the couch in the first quarter of the Bama/VT game. I slept about 10 hours last night.

Today... I will probably do an EZ spin on the bike and perhaps swim some laps. As tomorrow is a day off work, I'm going to do a brick and may be joined by Travis Siehndel, who is training for Ironman Cozumel.

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment