Sunday, September 20, 2009

Putting it all Together

Glorious weather this weekend. Though, a crisp fall chill is in the air as the sun comes up. It reminds me why doing a late season Ironman can be difficult.

I had a nice long ride yesterday. I rode with Davis, another neighborhood dad who I've ridden with before, and then we were joined by Eric Guzman-Alvarez at the BP (River and Falls Road). A DC Tri Club member, Eric is doing IMAZ, too. Eric rode out to Poolesville with me. I felt real strong on the bike and I was definitely leading the way and even felt good on River Road. I flatted on W. Williard Road outside Poolesville and we didn't have enough CO2 to complete changing the spare. But, a couple of Columbian dudes stopped and had a pump. It was funny, Eric, who is from Puerto Rico and these two Columbians were helping a native Montgomery County guy change his bike tire outside Poolesville, MD. I don't know... I think it's funny.

Anyway, I got in 78 miles. Really felt strong on the bike. Though, near the middle of the ride, it was clear that the cleat on my right bike shoe is too worn out. I slipped out of my pedal a couple of times and I had to concentrate on holding it just right to stay clipped in.

Today, a brick workout was on the schedule. I was planning on riding 50 - 60... but I wasn't able to get all that in. It was chilly this morning and I couldn't get it going in time. Davis was going to ride with me but texted that he couldn't make it. So, I admit it... I was not really interested in getting out there in the cold. So, i waited until the sun was out and things warmed up... but because Linda was at a work thing, I had to keep the ride short as I couldn't leave Jessica Rose along too long. It made for a good run, though... felt great... I think I'm starting to put it all together.

Here's a little post-workout summary...


Chocolate Endurox... my favorite post workout drink.

Hey... anyone seen Willie lately?

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment