Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long, Slow, Distance Run

Longest run to date this training season... 1:52 run AVG HR 133... I think it was about 12 miles. Some things to note about this run...

1. It came AFTER work... was still torched this morning when alarm went off at 4:15 am. My running buddy, Colette, had already bagged the run as she texted about not feeling good last night. I held off until after work and work was a long tough slog today. Tough day.

2. I didn't eat a lot today. But, still my stomach was a little sloshy went I ran out. I don't think it ever settled down.

3. DANG IT... iPod Shuffle wasn't charged... so no music for the long run. There is no music race day but there is a lot of stimuli... running around Sligo Creek and Wheaton Regional Parks (for the 100th time... at least) could use a little 80s Metal spruce up.

This part of Ironman training is the tough part. Everything is long distance on long day and now I'm adding the speed workouts, too. My weight training has already decreased as I missed Monday and last Monday was really a haphazard workout. Supposed to hit the gym tomorrow but also manage to get in a bike ride. Rain is in the forecast so it might wind up being a stationary bike ride. We'll see...

Anyone heard anything from Willie?

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment