Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Training - Words of Inspiration


DC Tri Club - Northeast Triathlon 2009


Reading DC Tri Club race reports from IM LOO. We have some awesome people in the club. Great triathletes. It's no wonder we're USAT Regional Club Champs five years running.

A few snippets from rr's that have me all jacked up this morning...

“The trick is not to make the butterflies in your stomach go away, but to make them fly in formation.”

“it’s a marathon, you just run it.”

"...the second secret of Ironman (the first being crises management): the winner is not the person who went the fastest, but the person who slowed down the least."

"This only means one thing: Next year I am gonna have to work a little bit harder, and earn that slot on my own."

"Sometimes I felt like people in the club had fewer doubts about how I'd do in this race than I did. That's a good feeling."

"Here I am 4 days after Louisville and still kind of can't believe it's over. It was the focal point for so long that I'm sorta sad it's over."

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment