Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Willie Update

Ironman Arizona - This Sunday!

As you may already be aware – I will be participating in my second Ironman race this Sunday in Arizona. I did finish my first one in Florida in 2006 – so although racing at this distance is not new to me, the excitement and agony of knowing the pain that awaits still haunts me. As always, ... I race in the honor and memory of friends who have succumbed to cancer, and it’s remembering what they still mean to me that will ultimately carry me through to the finish line. This year the charity that I have raised funds for and will continue to do so in 2010, is the Ulman Cancer Fund. The race starts at 7:00 Arizona time, which will be 9:00 AM EST. This is a mass swim start, with approximately 2900 athletes participating. If you are interested – you can track my status during the race here - My bib number is: 2048 Don’t look for any speed out of me – just endurance! To hear a clip of what inspires me – listen to this.

-- Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment