Saturday, July 25, 2009

Relentless

The workouts are starting to get relentless. Yesterday started with an early morning 40 minute swim at the YMCA with Colette. Then at lunch, I did a 40 minute tempo run from LA Fitness. It was hot and humid and I purposely was pushing the pace. A tough run.

Then, this morning I rode the 25 miles to JRs swim meet. Hung out there for a while to watch some races. Then I rode home and ran 25 minutes off the bike. Morning ride (leg one) was cool and at a comfy pace. The second leg was close to noon so the sun was beaming and again, I purposely rode at a good clip. I pushed the pace to get the heart rate up for the brick workout.

I had to get off my bike at a construction site. I needed to walk around the work as the road was down to one lane and traffic was backed up. I wasn't really watching where I was going even though I was now "off road". I walked into some gray mud and gummed up my bike. It took me about five minutes to get the gunk out of my wheels and brakes. Duh.

Tomorrow... ride to Sugarloaf Mountain through Georgetown and back. 6 am clip in. Relentless.


-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment