Thursday, July 30, 2009

Recharge

I've been sticking to the plan. But, I have to tell you... I am totally gassed. My bike ride this afternoon was very uninspired. I ran 12 miles yesterday in the morning and I was wrecked for the rest of the day. As the volume is picking up, my energy is running down. This is to be expected as I'm really shocking my system. Next week, I'm going to the beach for a nice 5 day training set (long run, ocean swim, brick, long bike) and then I'll taper the following week before the Northeast Triathlon on August 16.

Tomorrow morning... 45+ minute swim at YMCA with a lunch time tempo run. No 100 mile bike ride this weekend... I'll try to get in a 60 miler on Sunday with brick on Saturday. I need to recharge the battery a little...

-- TJ

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work ill be you next week when I fully begin to train For IM Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ,

    You are putting in the mileage and need to recharge those batteries. Take it easy this weekend then go enjoy the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete