Sunday, July 12, 2009

Heat is on!

I see T did his 200, so now the heat is on. I have been taking it slow since EM which was 4 weeks ago - yikes! Since I had knee issues at EM, I've had to have the bike tweaked a few times, first fix actaully made the knee worse, couldn't bend the knee at all after a 60 mile bike at the beach. Back for a second fitting and have riden a couple of 30 mile easy rides and today had no real pain.

I was very worried that it might take weeks or even months to recover, and it has brought up all the bad memories of the past injuries and has me worried. I still plan on getting back to Rehab to Racing, the team that I turned to after my surgery last year. They help people just like me recover from surgery and get back to racing. I plan on using them to help me stay injury free, or in my case injury less. I still need help on my running. Turns out, I'm not getting a break in the swim right now either, it appears the right shoulder is acting up with pain on every down stroke, I'm taking the ibuproen and icing when I get a chance. This is looking a lot like 2006 all over again.

My bright spot has been the new Cervelo, when the pain is gone, it is a lot of fun for me to actually accelerate! I also purchased new Zipp 404's since a Cervelo looks naked without them!

Anyway, were able to get in a 30 mile ride today with no pain and great acceleration, followed by a 45 min run. Still feeling some good soreness from a strong run and strength workout on Thursday, but overall felt good.

I'm back swimmimg with Patti's group on Monday's and with 19 weeks to go, will be looking to put in the same number of hours and milegae from 2006. We're talking about a 100 mile ride next Sunday in Salisbury. If that goes well, I will be feeling great and can now manily focus on running.

Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment