Friday, August 28, 2009

HydroFAIL

My HydroTail broke again. Before my 65 mile ride this past Sunday, I noticed that it was cracking. I set out anyway and just over halfway through the ride, I removed the bottles because I could hear it getting worse. It was rattling around. Less then 10 miles later, the dang thing broke off.

As I'm heading out to Sugarloaf this weekend, I went to Conte's and bought a new hydration system (that's what they call it) yesterday. I picked up the Xlab Sonic Wing. This guy seems to be more stable as it is two pieces screwed together. Hopefully, it'll be less brittle. I'll post some pix of it on the P2 later.

I've had a little cold this week. Didn't ride Tuesday and rode only about 10 miles yesterday. But I managed to swim Tuesday, run long on Wednesday (10 miles) and am heading over to the YMCA for a 45 minute swim this morning.

Only 12 weeks and 2 days until IMAZ. The days are flying by.

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment