Friday, February 27, 2009

Transition: Offseason Diet to Triathlete Diet



This past Tuesday was Fat Tuesday. Typically, it is a time when people will transition on a habit... give up smoking, give up frozen yogurt (like Ron used to do) or drop some other vice. Some, like my sister, give up something they really love for Lent... she is giving up Lime Tortilla Chips. I am a little more ambitious... I'm giving up a *list* of things as I transition my diet to more triathlon-centric eating habits. 

This year, I resolve to eat to train... not train to eat. I have to give up the trigger foods that result in overeating and eating the wrong things. So, from February 25 until April 12 (Easter Sunday), I have resolved NOT to eat or drink the following items:

General Cho's Chicken
Pizza
Pies of any kind
Ice Cream of any kind
Cake of any kind
Candy
Cocoa
Vanilla Latte
Chips of any kind
Wings
French Fries
Any kind of fried food
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Diet Coke
Sprite
Soda of any kind other than club soda
Donuts

I will weigh myself today so we can have accountability... to see if this results in any weight loss between now and then. My waistline has definitely grown this offseason and I have some pants that no longer fit me around the waist. And, as I've gotten older, it'll be harder to readjust as my metabolism has definitely slowed down. Stay tuned...

- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment