Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Training State Update


My sister Jessica and I before the 5k

My rest from training has continued somewhat. On Sunday, I ran in a 5k with my sister. The Victims Fund Run in Anne Arundel County. I met Jessica at her house and we rode the 10 or 12 miles on bike over to the race site. Then we ran. Then we rode back to her house by way of Annapolis. That part of the ride was about 20 miles, I believe. I can't remember. It wasn't much but it was still a nice workout. I placed 5th in my age group (40 - 49) with a time of 23:42 in the 5k. That is 7:38 miles which is pretty good for me. My heart rate on that was 158. I was definitely pushing it. All in all, a nice brick workout.

I took Monday and Tuesday off again. It has been a while since I've lifted weights. I did do the long run this morning. I think I did about 15.5 miles in a run time of 2:23. Avg. HR was 134. That's 9:16 per mile pace which is not too shabby for me.

Tomorrow... I'm going to try and fit in a bike ride and also hit the weight room. No weight room also means no core exercises and I'm already starting to feel fat.


Annapolis City Dock. Beautiful Sunday morning

Last... a shout out to Chad who completed the Everest Challenge. He climbed over 29,000 feet of mountains in California over 2 days and over 200 miles. You should see the elevations. Mr. Adorable is now Mr. Mountain Goat. Well done, Chad. Well done.


King of the Mountain from IMFL Class of 2006

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment